Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Changes

Wow... starting a blog to keep up with my daughters, and to have a venue for my multitude of varying thoughts...where and how do I begin?

I guess I'll just start pouring out what's on my mind! Surprisingly, this little blonde head can hold more that you'd think!

Changes -

There are seasons in life, I'm fully aware of. I've taught about them, brought my four daughters through them, and been through more than my share. But with each new season comes a time of questioning: why this? why now? how long?

I'm entering a new season.

My family / home has slowly gone from six in my house down to two. My last daughter, my baby Bekah, turned 18 and has moved out of the nest to start her next chapter in life. Thankfully, oh so thankfully, she is beginning a ministry internship, following her deep desire to be a servant of God.

As fairly new pastors in the small community of Oakville, we are now looking for a new youth pastor to come alongside us and work in the ministry. Yet more change to come.

My husband, James (of almost 28 years) ended up in the hospital with life-threatening blood clots in his lungs - AGAIN. Yes, it's happened 2 times before. Yet he's home, and functioning. Not sure how well he's doing, and will have to search long and hard for a good doctor to follow him up. Although I don't see me or my husband as being old, we've never had to go through any major health issues before.

This is a new season for both of us. So there's the questions: why? and how long?

There's only one thing that I'm sure of, and only one constant through the many seasons and changes that have come my way: Jesus walks with me, and brings me through every one of those seasons. So, instead of fear, there's actually an anticipation of what this season will bring.

Changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment