Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Picking Fruit

Wow... it hasn't been 24 hours yet since my last blog. My ramblings about how much I would like to see a harvest from years of ministry.

Shortly after I posted that blog,I had an appointment scheduled to meet with a gal that wanted to learn more about the Bible. A meth addict, clean for only 3 weeks, she told me she knew there was no way for her to fix her life on her own. I did what I know to do. Explained God's plan for salvation; what repentance is; God's grace and forgiveness. She bowed her head and sobbed at my table, as she confessed her sins and asked for Jesus' cleansing forgiveness. We went on with the Bible study, with a very excited, happy new life, soaking up and writing down every scripture. Yes, God's grace is still amazing! Fruit.

As if that wasn't enough for God to reassure me that He still uses me, I get a message from a former college student that had attended our church in Kittitas several years ago. She had written me a note, thanking me for the time I went up to her at church and told her that God had laid her on my heart, and that I had been praying for her. She remembered she didn't say much to me in response, but that she was overwhelmed that God would care enough about her to send someone to pray for her, as she was going through a very rough time at that moment. (Which, of course, I didn't know). Fruit... from 7 years ago.

I'm humbled. And grateful that God is the keeper of the vineyards, and truly in due season, there is a harvest. Maybe not all at once, but sometimes tree by tree, branch by branch.

Thank you, Lord, for the reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment